First Weigh in since using Orlistat

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just to say I have lost 11lbs in 4 weeks whilst taking orlistat. Would have liked to have lost a stone but still relatively pleased. My doctor was really excited (more than I was!) in me losing so much. She said she had not had much success with her patients on this drug mostly because they do not modify their diet and do not exercise but just expect the drug to work on its own. I will be weighed again in another 4 weeks which at the moment seems a long way off - hopefully if I stick to my new eating habits the weight will continue to disappear.

Suzanne

P.S Gemma if you are reading this please register on the site so we can get each other's email addresses.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey!

WELL DONE! Thats fab news for you! I need to try to get a date booked for see Dr before i go on my hols, don't want to be weighted after!

I jump on the scales every Monday and so far I have lost 8lbs in two weeks and I had this weekend off as I had two meals booked! I did enjoy my chinese!!

Having a hard time getting back on the wagen again this morning though!

I will register on website now so I don't get told off again!

Well done!

Gemma xx

• Posted

Hi, I am new to this site and new also to Orlistat. Just registered as I would really like to be able to have and give support while I am taking this drug, and share tips! I dont know anyone personally who has been on this medication so Im glad I found the site.

I started taking Orlistat 5 days ago but so far have not experienced any of the dreaded most common side effect. I can understand this not happening when I eat a low fat meal which I have been trying to do, but yesterday, I started wondering if its actually working so I thought I would experiment and intake some more fats ie, 3 pieces garlic bread, small spag bol with an ounce cheese, a scone with olive oil spread!.... AND still no side effect! I was expecting to be sitting on the loo all day haha. I have got a few rumblings in my gut, but I am actually constipated....I could put that down to giving up bread and cakes and biscuits 2 weeks ago so I am going to reintroduce brown bread into my diet as I realised I was low on fibre. OR has anyone else become constipated. . Is my experience unusual or to be expected? Thanks for reading, I know Ive gone on a bit... :?

• Posted

hi ive just been for second weight in and i have lost a sone. i did not believe the sister when she told me. i did not think it was working. i have watched i have eaten,but still have pizza donner kebab now and again. have had to go to toilet a few times but nothing to bad and i am able to live with it if i keep loseing weight like this. going to join a gym to keep me on the right path, hope it all goes well for you. only 4 weeks in and cant wait untill another month goes passes so i can see results. smile smile smile
  • Posted

thats fantastic news i go to doctors at the end of month . i have not had any off the bad experiances with the toilet . but was told this is not a laxative drug hope i can loose 11lb thats great news . not eaten any thing bad really but have underactive thyroid so find loosing weight really hard please wish me luck all you people on orlistat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.