Fish bone....constant gas, wind? Help!!??......

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

A week ago i was eating my dinner, a fish dinner. I thought i chewed my food properly but to my horror I think i swallowed a fishbone! I quickly gulped water, and ate bread to try ensure it wouldn't get stuck.

Ever since ive been experiencing excess gas; constant burping, and a dull ache in my esophageal sphincter, which is tender to touch.

I have been able to eat & drink ok, and swallow, but im so worried that the fishbone is still lurking somewhere in my body.

I'm currently on holiday, so the option of going to a Dr/A&E is out of the question at the moment. But the whole issue has put a dampener on my holiday, so much so, I want to go home 😦.

My parents are convinced what i'm experiencing is not related to the fishbone incident, and that its tenderness from swallowing it , but i'm not so sure.

Any advice, assistance, much appreciated.

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your health is more important than your holiday. Seek professional help.

• Posted

Do not worry! Fishbones will have caused irritation when you swallowed it. They are sharp and can grazeYour parents are right about this. The bread and water would have dissolved it. I swallowed a fishbone but bread dislodged it. I still had some tenderness after the incident for a while. The fact that you can eat, drink and swallow is good news for you.If the bone was stuck in your throat, it would trigger coughing to expel the foreign object. Try not to stress about it because stress can bring on gut symptoms such as gas and burping.

• Posted

Thank you for your response. I'll try to relax, and see if that eases things a bit.

• Posted

Trying to relax will help. Try some milk which is good for soothing your throat and stomach; it works for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.