Fish Oil

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I Just thought I should share with you good people that I have started taking fish oil and unbelievably my aches and pains seem to have disappeared, I know that many people already take this, but for those that don't, I would definitely recommend it, as the difference is quite amazing...

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Will be getting some on your okay to them , feels like you have permanent flu does me xx
  • Posted

I will definitely get some.i use to exercise every day but lately my legs and arms ache so much I can't manage it
  • Posted

Can I ask which fish oil you use pls?
    • Posted

Carole, Its omega 3 fish oil, oil from salmon,most chemists have this, It worked really quickly for me, but for some it may take a couple of weeks or more before they notice a difference, your supposed to take 2 a day, but its working for me on 1 a day.
  • Posted

That's really interesting. I have started taking omega 3 fish oil so hopefully it may help the aches and pains. I've also started cutting out inflammatory foods like sugar, wheat and dairy, plus refined carbs so hoping it will help with weight loss and pain. Xx
    • Posted

Mooma, stick with it it really makes a difference. I'm on the same diet and I take D3 and Omega oils. I'm determined to do this naturally. I'm convinced if you go for the quick fix (medication) you pay for it in the end with other side effects. I'm also adding lots of sage to my cooking to combat the hot flushes which I'm pleased to say haven't been bothersome at all. 
    • Posted

Thanks Kerry that's good to hear. I am currently trying to come off some medication for nerve pain so I can see exactly where I am but I hope the new eating regime will help.are you finding the diet helpful?
    • Posted

The diet has made a HUGE difference, so much so that if I eat anything outside my diet I'm in pain straight away. I hope I will only have to stick to it so strictly for the duration of the menopause as I'd like to eat nice things again! but it is keeping my weight down and everyone says how well I look. As eating well is good for your health in general it's not such a bad thing!  Incidently, I've also had a lot of nerve pain. When it's bad I use a wheat bag or a hot water bottle, particularly at night, but lately even the nerve pain is subsiding. 
    • Posted

That's encouraging. How long have you been following the diet for? I only started yesterday so early days yet. I've had a few patches of hair loss recently too and nerve pain in my face and head. The dr says the hair loss is an autoimmune thing so hopefully that will clear up with the diet. I really can't see that eating really well can do anything but good. So fingers crossed it zaps the pain too. All these things have happened within th last 3 yrs(I'm 49) so I'm sure that menopause has a role in all this too. Xx
    • Posted

About a year, but I saw results after a few months. Inflammation takes a while to settle down so don't expect results quickly; I think it's worth it.
    • Posted

I also have an autoimmune problem connected to my digestion and that started 4 years ago (i'm 51) as my mother also started with an autoimmune problem in the menopause I reckon it's due to that. It's one of the reasons I'm taking vit D3 as people with autoimmune problems are often deficient in D3.
    • Posted

Thanks for this😊you've really brightened my day. I also take D3 so hopefully that is heading the right way. The dr is taking me off the meds so I will have a true picture soon of how I am. Difficult to know when the drug symptoms get muddled up with the true ones! Feel encouraged to continue. Thanks again and good luck.xx
  • Posted

I use salmon oil in liquid form. Salmon oil seems to have benefited my dog from starting. Now my dog have a soft and shiny skin. And, adding salmon oil to your pet diet also increases the requirement for Vitamin E. For more information, you can check out : http://ww.biomwega.no.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.