Fisher Wallace Stimulator and Alpha Stim

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am just wandering if anyone has used this products before I guess there is little to none side effects and it helps with insomnia, depression, and anxiety.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

after suffering from anxiety for the last 18 months after experiencing some panic attacks on an aeroplane i was placed on setraline and have been on this now for 4 months. I feel these have made me zombie like and I am looking at alternative ways to treat. I stumbled across the Alpha Stim SCS and read pretty much every article i could find on it.It does seem to good to be true.....luckily i could afford the price and have bought one...last night was the first use and although its takes a few minutes to get the level right and get it comfortable. for the first time in about 18 months i felt like my anxiety was at 0 after its use. I had a stressful evening working and it never flared up - i still had all the same thoughts and worries etc but it didn't manifest into anything. I am on setraline so cant rule out that this device is the be all and end all.....I have used it again this morning and currently sitting at my desk relaxed as can be whilst at work.

Having suffered extreme anxiety I am very keen to share my findings about this device... as like i say it does sound too good to be true but my intial thoughts about this device is positive.

• Posted

Thanks so much for sharing this information just wandering how are you making out with the Alpha Stim is it still working for you, would you recommond someone buying one?

• Posted

Hi Ray,

Sorry for taking so long to reply i didn't see you had replied. In my experience this device has been a life saver. At my worst point I was up to 150mg of setraline. Since getting the device I have now lowered my dosage to 25mg (thats half the minimum doasage) I am allowing a slow taper as to try and minimise the side effects - . This website is what trasnformed the device for me.

I was using the device just 20 mins a day and although there was improvement it wasn't enough. I now exercise the alpha stim in my daily routine. I have the device next to my bed and set my alarm an hour early and use the device for 60 mins... i usually fall back asleep with this on. Then at lunch time i use it for another 30 mins. This is what I have found works for me.

In my usage the device has changed my life, i cant say this will work for everyone and it is expensive but for me it a miracle. I dont understand why this isn;t more readily available... with no side effects the only thing that you may lose if it doesn't work is money. But having seen most sell for good prices on ebay i would assume you could sell it on if it wasn't for you.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Further update. I have now been off sertaline for a month - feel better than ever and I honestly will put this down to my continued - dedicated use of the alpha stim.
    • Posted

Hi Tim, so glad to come across your posts re. Alpha Stim. I am going to order mine today! Would you mind if I pm'd you for more info on the product please?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi

I was considering buying the fisher Wallace then I read about the alpha. Can anyone help on how they got on with it for depression anxiety.

Thanks

Debbie

• Posted

The Alpha Stim worked for me and I love it!  I have used it on and off for a few years.  At the time of purchase they were offering a rent to own option which worked for me.  I felt an immediate improvement in my anxiety.  Then next my insomnia went away and then dression.  I now use it from time to time when I feel anxious or have insomnia and get immediate relief.  I feel my depression with mild and it took that away too.  Not sure how well it works for serious depression but I highly recommend trying it!  At the time I researched it and found several people posting on youtube of their experience with it and their results.  It was all positive and some of these folks had suffered for years and meds weren't doing the job.  Some used both, but, were able to get off of some of the meds or drop down in dose.  I think for anxiety sufferers it is a must try!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.