Fisser Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Having Fisser surgery this week and I'm a bit nervous. Has anyone else ever had this done? The thing is, I'm not in any pain in that area now. Nor does it really bleed. Once in a great while. But the doctor said it's deep and he wants to fix it so it doesn't become infected or cause problems. Thanks for any feedback.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

what surgery are you having? LIS?

• Posted

I don't know what LIS is. I was told this was a minor surgery. Botox will be injected and the doctor will repair the fisser. I was told the procedure is about 15 minutes.

• Posted

Why are you having surgery if you are not having any issues? You can have complications and life long issues due to surgery. go ahead and Google fissure surgery complications. I have had a fissure pretty much all my life. Im 67. A few years back I HAD SURGERY for a fistula and my surgeon suggested he repair my fissure. I DECLINED? Just eat right, take plenty of fiber and a stool softener every night and you will be fine. Since I started taking cold milled flax every day, drinking a lot of water and taking a stool softener........no issues since 2016. I can even lift weights again. Never could lift before I started on this regiment. Weights caused bleeding and pain. good luck

• Posted

I was diagnosed with rectal cancer earlier in 2019 and went through treatment. I'm assuming that everyone is just being proactive. But I told both my Colo-Rectal and Gastrointestinal doctors that I wasn't having any many pain or bleeding there and both feel I should address this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.