fissure

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went to gastro doctor and he told me I had a thrombosed hemmorid. He sent me to a colon surgeon, who told me I had a fissure no hemmorid... I had a colonoscopy set up buy surgeon said to cancel it, too much pain. After 3 weeks with surgeon, his meds didn't work, it got worse.

He then told me to get a colonoscopy. ??

I am now back at my gastro and he is doing a colonoscopy on 27th to see what is wrong, I am in so much pain everyday. Going on a year now. I am so confused and have tried so many creams that don't work. I have all day pain and it is really getting to me. Anybody can help me?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary, I was also dealing with Anal fissure for 1 year. I am doing much better now after seeing my Colorectal surgeon for a follow up. I had Kenalog Protocol March 14th by Dr Feingold. I was put on some medications and creams to help finish the healing of 2 Anal fissures. I was in so much pain just a week ago. When Dr Keller told me to use tylenol with ibuprofen that has helped lessen the pain. stool softeners twice a day but I take it once a day. For me that's plenty. sitz bath after each bowel movement. make sure the water is as hot as you can take it for 10-15 minutes. I hope you find a treatment that will help you heal as soon as possible. You never want to wait too long on Anal fissure.

• Posted

I was in the hospital with diverticulits for a few days, it cleared up but now I have to wait a couple more weeks for colonoscopy to make sure my intestines healed up so they don't blow out during colonoscopy. I guess I will be sent back to see another surgeon as the gastro doctor doesn't operate. I am so tired of all the pain. I do take 400mg of Ibuprofen and it does dull the pain for awhile. The morning is the worst.

Thanks for writing back about yours. I hope it continues to be good for you.

• Posted

oh so sorry, I have family members with diverticulitis as well. as for the colonoscopy I can understand why you need it but being in so much pain my heart goes out to you. what ever the gastroenterologist does, I hope he is gentle. I hope all goes well with you.

• Posted

do you only have fissure or thrombosed hemorrhoid as well? Having any of these makes it impossible for colonoscopy due to the immense pain. My husband had both hemorrhoids and fissure and after many years of suffering he had an operation for both and had the fissure done with laser. He never had a colonoscopy though. Do you have bleeding as well? If you have thrombosed hemorrhoids ask your doctor if you can take dafflon as it can help. You definitely need to do what you can so that the stools are as soft as they can be.

• Posted

One doctor says that I have a thrombosed hemmorid and sent me to a colon surgeon. The surgeon said it was a fissure and no hemmorid... he said a colonoscopy would be too much pain for me, the other gastro says I need a colonoscopy... what do I do?? No one seems to know what exactly is wrong. I have so many creams that do nothing. Doctor gave me suppositories and cream, but I can't get them in anus. I dont know what to do?

• Posted

It is not possible to use suppositories when you are under so much pain. My husband suffered for years and we used to visit a gastrenterologist but he never asked him to do colonoscopy as it was obvious that he suffered from hemorrhoids. During the first years the pain was bearable and the bleeding very rare. The situation worsened the next years. He did some injections on the hemorroids so it would make the bleeding stop and it worked for a few years and it made it more easy to keep postponing. When we finally decided that it the situation could not go on it was when he was forced to do it as the hemorrhoids kept getting outside after walking or standing for too long. When he decided to do the operation and not the one removing the hemorrhoids he has already fissure and he did not even use suppositories with laxatives to empty the bowel before the operation because he was in immense pain. Maybe you should go to another doctor to ask for a second opinion. You could have both hemorrhoids and fissure but you need to know. I know what you are going through because we suffered too much but now he is okay. Do not postpone because these situations might worsen with the passage of time

• Posted

Colonoscopy can be done unther aenesthesia, you will feel nothing. Thrombosed hemorrhoids and anal fissure can both cause a lot of pain. What medications/creams have you been prescribed?

• Posted

ProCort- no help

lanocaine-nothing

anusol cream-nothing

other long named prescriptions-nothing works

The colon surgeon tried a special made one and it made it worse. Doctor just said, get colonoscopy and left the room. Only Ibuprophen 400mg works for a few hours to dull the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.