Fissure Caused by Often Bowel Movements?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I'm curious if a fissure can be caused by too often bowel movements? 

For a few years I was on the vegan diet. During that period I had 5 or even more bowel movements a day (mostly loose). I thought it's useful to "get rid of waste" often as they preach of vegan sites, later I learned that's way to much.

During that period I started to have anal pain after every BM and it was like that for months. It all started suddenly. I was in the toilet and don't remember if I had any pains during BM, but later anal pain started. Not sure if there was any blood because I used to flush the toiled while I was still on it. It was painful after every BM for 7-10 days and then it became normal again.

6 months later it started again. Delayed pains after BM. I was fine after BM for 30-60 minutes, then pain starts for a few next hours. That lasted for 10-14 days.

For 6 months I was without any issues when I finally noticed a drop of fresh blood in the toilet. It wasn't painful. I was without any pains for a few months after that when delayed pains started again, this time for 10 months or so. During that 10 months I saw some fresh blood in the toiled and stool a few times. 

I released I'm pooping too much so I stopped with vegan diet and learned myself to go 3 times, then 2 times a day only. Its a kind of habit and you can train yourself to have bm in the certain time.

I was never diagnosed because I didn't visited a doctor yet, but that's another story.

I'm curious if too many bowel movements a day, for a few years, could cause an anal fissure? Did I simply damaged my anus by too many bm?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HI Rocco,

I believe that you can. I have read somewhere that people with Chronh's disease are at higher risk for anal fissures. I am vegan also but never had that many BM's a day. I have 1-2 /day but do notice that if I have a second BM, that one is less formed and gives me more pain. I have been dealing with an anal fissure for 7 months now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.