Fissure for 2 months.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Suffering from anal fissure for first time. First 3 weeks was soo painfull, doctor prescribed me diltiazem ointment. i never had pain during bm, but after bm the pain used to last for 5-6 hours. For last 4-5 weeks the pain is gone, but i do have mild discomfort and too much itching outside and inside of my anus. Is my fissure healing? And anybody familiar with those symptoms?

Thanks in advance. Take care

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it sounds as though your fissure has healed but the cream has irritated the skin. Its classic fissure pain for it to last for hours after a bm. If you are still using the cream, keep bm's soft, take something like Laxido or magnesium citrate if needed. Drink lots, especially as the weather is warm. It only takes one hard or difficult bm, and you can be back where you started. I had a chronic fissure for years, and it kept splitting again, but I am controlling things better now, and it hasn't bothered me for months. Take care.

• Posted

Just want to add few facts, i actually never had constipation. i dont know how the fissure happened to me. I am 25 years old. i have internal hemorrhoids and i used to strain a lot during my bm. How often the fissure comes back? and my fissure is inch inside of my anus what is not visible without stretching it. do u think its normal?

Thanks again

• Posted

It's probably the straining that caused it. If you have soft bowel movements, different thing to constipation, you shouldn't need to strain. Eat more fibre and fruit, hemmorroids are caused by straining. My fissure doesn't come back now, although the scar tissue is still there and would split if I passed a hard bm.

• Posted

hi, how did you heal your fissure?

do you have any tips please ?

and how do you manage your fissure now?

• Posted

Hi, It was a colo rectal surgeon who told me to take Laxido, every day if need be forever if I wanted as it doesn't do you any harm long term. I also take 500mg tablet of magnesium citrate each day at around 6.0pm, I never had any more bleeding after I started that, and that was two years ago. Before then, I had pain and bleeding every day, dreadful. You need to get the balance right because Laxido does give you wind, and can give you the runs. Every two days might be enough for you. That's how I manage it now, I have two boxes of Laxido on prescription every month. I have told several people this on this forum, and a few have pm'd me and they have all said it has worked for them.

• Posted

Ps. I only ever eat wholemeal bread and have bran flakes if not for breakfast. very little white flour, this helps as well as drinking enough.

• Posted

hi, thanks for replying back . hope you can answer few questions for me please.

how long did you have your fissure for?

did you apply any ointments to heal it? how long did it take to heal?

what time did you take Lax sachet ? and how many?

whats the brand of mag you take please?

what would you eat for lunch and dinner?

• Posted

Hi, I had the fissure for a few years, but also hems and a rectocele, I didn't know it was a fissure. No I didnt use creams once I started taking Laxido, two sachets at first, around 6 pm, then one sachet.

The magnesium brand is SOLGAR! sold on amazon.

I eat pretty much what I want for lunch and dinner, but healthily because I am diabetic. If I have snacks, I tend to have salted popcorn or a few peanuts, I have always eaten a high fibre diet.

• Posted

thanks again for replying back. hope my fissure heals. will try all this . Any high fiber foods you suggest ?

what are you signs of rectocele ? i have given birth and think i might have that.

• Posted

sounds like it's healing!

no blood?

try hot bath with coconut oil for the itching.

best wishes

• Posted

No sir, no blood anymore.. I bleed twice since it happened to me...

Thanks a lot btw.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.