Fissure, hemorrhoids, proctalgia fugax

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi,

i am 31 years old and have been suffering from fissure for 4 year on and off.

i started to eat 5 fruits and drink 6 glasses of water and full of fiber lunches, (i dont eat dinner) but still i got fissure last year then it healed by using glysirin 0.2% ointment but i kept having episods of short spasms weekly but also a long one which would gake an hour once a month

my doctor said try botox it would help with the spasms but didnt, ive been taking milk of magnesia everyday to help me go and prevent fissure but it happened again 2 months ago. until yesterday i thought i was almost healed but i felt like i had a trapped gas in my anus which felt like stool i pushed just a little and it was released but today i noticed an external hemorrhoid down there. I'm just tired of this I wasnt like this 4 years ago i was active but now i just work from home all day laying on the couch to be able to pay medical bills

i can't sit i started having tailbone pain. been married but can't inmate with my husband for more than a year because I'm afraid of spasms getting worst

my doctor pushes me for an other botox and says if i get LIS surgery I'll have controling problems when i get older

i dont know what to do just tired of this i dont want to live like this forever i want to have kids but all my symptoms and proctagia fugax will get even more worst by being pregnant

please let me know if you've been through this and what did you do

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that, If nothing else work then proceed with LIS, LIS has a higher chance of healing fissure and low rate of recurrence but remember surgery is not a quick fix, I've had fissure for 7 years on and off and finally decided to have LIS with Hemorroidectomy procedure, I could say it is a rough recovery for me, I am now 5 weeks post OP , I still have pain ! Yes pain down there. But not from the fissure area, all sensation comes from the cuts made from surgery. I'm still healing now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.