fissure pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been in pain for almost 9 months with no relief. The only relief is when I take 400mg of Ibuprophen, I get about 5 hours relief and then it comes right back. The thoughts of having no pain relief ever,makes me so upset. How will I live like this. We can't go anywhere due to the fact i am constantly running for a bathroom or finding somewhere to sit. This is so depressing.

Just my thoughts. I have gone to 2 gastro doctors, one colon surgeon and going for a colonoscopy next week, doctors can't seem to agree on if I have fissure or thrombosed hemmorids..what else can I do.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm surprised they can't tell what an Anal fissure looks like. If it's an AF, you should be started on creams to help relieve pain. Ibuprofen 600mg twice a day and regular strength Tylenol 325mg twice a day no more than that. The Ibuprofen and Tylenol work very well together. That will help reduce swelling and pain. Wash and not wipe. If you wipe non alcohol baby wipes. Hot as you can take it sitz bath for 10-15 minutes. I had to see different Colorectal doctors to get the right answers and treatment, finally getting surgery that is no quick cure but a start to healing Anal fissure permanently. Please seek until you get a clear answer and treatment. You are in too much pain to jump through hoops.

• Posted

Are you suppose to take all pills together at one time?

• Posted

the ibuprofen and tylenol I take together. Since both work best together. As long as theres no side effects with other medications you should be fine. I take multiple medications no harm at all.

• Posted

Thank you, I just wanted to let you know that these work for me. I had more hours of no pain. Thank you so much for telling me this info. I hope others try it also. It does work. Thank you again.

• Posted

I'm here to help 😃 I didn't know if I could take both together until my new CRS prescribed me that treatment. I'm passing down what works to anyone here willing or able to use the information I received. I hope to hear you will be on your way to a definite prognosis so you know what your next steps are after that and receive the best of care until you are healed.

• Posted

I am one who took your suggestion and it works great. I will know on Thursday what is exactly wrong with me. For now you have given me help on what to take for the pain that really works, I will be forever grateful to you. Thank you again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.