Fissure solution

Posted , 6 users are following.

In 2016 I was diagnosed with an anal fissure. I was 64 years old and had problems all my life with which I thought were hemmoriods. My guess is I had a fissure all along. Weight lifting, or any heavy lifting always aggravated the fissure. In 2016 I did a lot of research and tried coconut oil and a herbal liquid application (can’t remember the name) Both did not work. Finally, I started mixing 6 tablespoons of cold milled powdered flax from Costco mixed in 8 ounces of water along with one stool softener a night and my symptoms went away. Shortly after, I developed an anal fistula which was probably caused by the fissure. I had surgery for the fistula and the surgeon offered to fix the fissure at the same time. I declined because I had it under control with the flax and stool softener and I did not want to risk any complications from the fissure repair. It’s been two years now and zero problems. I should note, I started using baby wipes along with witch hazel. Recently, I cut my flax to 3 tablespoons a night and last year I bought a detachable shower head which can be used to stay as clean as possible. I still use baby wipes and witch hazel.If you keep your stools loose and don’t strain, your symptoms will go away. Believe me, I was in agony and at my wits end. Don’t lose hope. I hope this solution helps. One last comment. I started lifting weights again and for the first time in my life, weight lifting does not cause complications. GLTA.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My fissure diag was in 2013. I'm 61 and the bowl full of blood after straining scared me to death. Proc doc gave me nefedipine cream, made me sick, had to find my own path to a healthy sphincter. 

Took two sitzbaths a day with coconut oil and Epsom salt for 20-30 minutes each bath. When out of the bath/shower, I use a cotton swab soaked in hydrogen peroxide and clean the fissure out throroughly , then use a cotton swab with patrolium jelly and coat it well. I do this last process everyday. I have changed my eating lifestyle completely and drink plenty of fluids everyday. My two flare ups since 2013 I attribute to diet, a bit of stress, and several airline flights ,(airline seats put major pressure on your fissure according to my proc doc). I bought several total pillows, one for each car and one for house and travel, taking the pressure off of the fissure helps a lot. 

• Posted

Hi I have a partner that had the same problem. I researched every where and found an answer! Olive oil! Cook with it drink it daily like 2tablespoons. Also we have a wet room and when having a bowel movement.. DON'T sit try to STAND a little as our anal tract is slightly straight allows you to have a freer bowel..I made my partner try all of this as he could barely walk after a bowel n pain was excruciating.. He was up for surgery and no longer needs it as he is healed and pain free. Uses olive oil daily!! This was 4yrs ago..no pain since!! Please please try this it takes time but try it!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.