Fissurectomy and anal stretch

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there,

I had been suffering with a fissure (2 actually) for over a year! After seeing my GP numerous times she finally sent me to a surgeon, who set me up for surgery within a week! I just had the surgery two days ago, and I am actually feeling surprisingly great! I had such excrusiating pain over the course of the past year, that I guess it couldn't have been worse after surgery. I had some aches yesterday and exhaustion, but I am home now, passed my furst motion, and it wasn't bad at all. The only thing I am sufferiing from at the moment is a bad headache from the rectogesic ointment, but I will take that anyday over the other pain I had been suffering from. To any of you out there considering sugery, go for it, and DON"T WORRY!! its not that bad!

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

So happy to hear a happy story.  Glad you are better.

i still don't see light at the end of the tunnel, but will just give it a little time. Then....I will consider surgery for sure.

• Posted

Hi there,

How long have you had the problem?  Have you been to the Dr at all? I empathize with you!

• Posted

Thank you Crystal.

I had an episode over 10 years ago, but even painful, it lasted no more than two weeks, so I thought, that was it.

Now...I am going on my fourth month. Keeping my stool soft has been a God sent but still, there is always pain when I first go.

I am using Diltiazem but doctor says it could take months before it would work and my fissure heal.

Trying to be patient.

• Posted

Geez-- four months is not good. I hope it improves! Perhaps after a bit more time, you may want to consider the surgery. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi! Recently had my laser treatment for a big anal fissure which i thought will be my last days on earth. Its really painful im crying everyday. After 1 month i decided to see a surgeon. They specialize in this laser treatment, so that same day he did my bottoms. He said its a big fissure and it will not heal on its own. The local anesthesia is a little painful but the laser procedure is not. After 15 minutes he said i have my normal life back again. Im on my 6th day now and free of pain. He prescribed 2 meds for me to be taken everyday for 10 days. Now im back to my normal life. Just sitz bath 3 times a day. To all of you out there, please consider laser treatment. Its really effective.
  • Posted

Hi crystal, the doctor prescribed, cataflam and daflon. No side effects. Im on my 7th day now and 99% no pain already. 
    • Posted

Great! I love to hear stories of success!

Here in the USA, cataflam would be one of our anti-inflammatory medications like Ibuprophen (take with food).

Daflon is more of a is an oral phlebotropic drug indicated in the treatment of venous disease and hemorrhoids. I can see how it would help with healing. I will consider this one.

Thank you Ellise so much for sharing your treatment with us.

• Posted

Did you undergo Anal stretching?

If so, can u please let me know how you feel now.. please

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.