Fissurectomy and botox surgery for anal fissure

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a fissurectomy and botox in mid April (2 1/2 weeks ago) for a chornic fissure in the posterior area (6' oclock). I can lightly walk now but walking, sitting, and standing all inflame two red bumps of tissue in the anterior area (12' oclock). This is not where the fissure was or where he operated. However he did say that he found a healed fissure in that spot when he did the surgery.

The red tissue bumps are not painful but can be uncomfortable and swell quite a bit. I haven't been able to work as a result and don't know what to do. I am moving in 2 weeks and booked a 2 month trip for end of May! 

The surgeon doesn't know what the two red bumps are. He said they might be hemmroids that inflamed from surgery. But they are external (on the outside of the anus) and not coming from inside the anus. Also they are bigger by the end of the day if I had some activity or if I had a bowel movement. In the morning after waking up they are very hard to see and the swelling has gone down. I don't know what to do; am I supposed to just lay down forever until this goes away? 

I saw another surgeon who said he also doesn't know what those two bumps are either. He said he would need to do an internal examination under anesthesia to see what it might be. I heard though that an anal exam under anesthesia can cause hemorrhoids. I also do not want to retear the fissure that was operated on or make anything more aggravated.

Should I do the examination under anesthesia? What are the risks of doing this, especially so soon after another surgery (could it make me worse and impede healing)? Has anyone had this surgery for an anal fissure and have something similar happen?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Miguel:

Could the two lumps be sentinel piles? These are apparently quite common with chronic fissures. Sounds a bit like they might be but I would think the surgeon would have thought of that. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.