Fissurectomy and sphincterotomy failure

Posted , 4 users are following.

HELP! I had a fissurectomy with a partial sphincterotomy 3 months ago. BMs are still hell, and I'm still bleeding. I feel like I'm never going to heal.

Has anyone else had an experience like this???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah, so sorry to heat that. I've also had the partial LIS ( 11 months ago) and I'm still in pain. Surgeon has offered to do the fissurectomy along with removal of skin tags which I now have. She also wants to give me botox on both sides but of course I am scared to go under the knife again as the LIS did not work. Give it time though , everyone heals different. It wasn't until the 8 months post -op that the pain got tolerable. I still have it but very mild... mostly feel it when I sit. Just keep your stools soft. I still use nifedepine ointment and aloe vera gel. Keep me posted as how you progress.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I had a partial LIS and a fissurectomy to remove skin tags and scar tissue. My surgery was very invasive. My surgeon said he gives it 6 months, and then he will reevaluate. I cannot fathom having surgery for LIS again. There's no way I can willingly subject myself to such pain again. I too am still using the nifedepine cream.

• Posted

am dealing with a 7 year fissure, have had botox twice, fissurectomy once.

and in october i had LIS. at the 4 month mark post lis and still not healed. my doc prescribed diltiazem which i've been using for 3 weeks and that hasn't helped either.... apparently, the problem is if there's too much scar tissue, it refuses to stretch during a bm, it will just rip. which is why it seems i have no pain with loose stools but a normal soft stool can cause damage. the whole thing is a nightmare.

• Posted

I had my scar tissue removed, but that apparently didn't help.

• Posted

how long have you had the fissure? and after surgery, did the muscle feel looser?

i still feel tight there even after LIS

• Posted

I know I've had the fissure for at least 6 months, but it's probably been more like a year, plus. The only reason i think it's been more like a year, plus is because my scar tissue and skin tags were so bad. I feel exactly the same as you... My muscle doesn't seem relaxed at all. It sometimes hurts to stand for long periods because the muscle seems to tense up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.