Fissurectomy post op help needed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I had a Fissurectomy op two days ago and am still in the most terrible pain. It is as bad as before if not worse! When can I expect to feel better. I am beside myself with this pain and have forgotten what a normal life feels like. It’s has been months of anal fissure pain and now post op I am still in agony! Help please 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It’s only two days, it’s just time you have to get through.do you have ice packs? After surgery is always the hardest, stick with it. Try to find something good on tv, anything that will distract you a bit. You’ve got the worst part over, now it’s recovery time. You can do this, you’re going forward to less pain, be brave, it will get better.

• Posted

Thanks for the encouragement Laura. No, I need to get some ice packs. I am using a sitz bath every few hours but the pain after a BM is intense. Somehow I thought it would be better immediately. The doctor seemed to think it would be.  But if anything the pain is even worse sad
    • Posted

Honestly dr’s don’t know half the time. You’ve been cut, you’re still healing, you’re just at the awful post surgery bit. Two days is nothing, give it time.
  • Posted

HI Debra. please keep us posted as to your progress as I am thinking about having this procedure but I am hesistant being that I already had a partial LIS and it didn't quite work for me. Now the colon-rectal surgeon wants to do this on me and inject botox on both sides but I am so scare of the post -op pain. Hope your are doing better.

• Posted

Day 4 and the pain after a BM is even more intense and probably worse than before the op. 5 hours and still in agony 

• Posted

Hi Debra, 

Just wondering how you are healing as I am contemplating having the same procedure as you as I already had LIS and it didn’t quite work for me. I have had Botox injections twice also since the surgery and still in some pain. Last resort is fissuretomy with removal of skin tags which I now have (lots). I didn’t have them before the LIS surgery but the are growing like weeds and causing pain. Please advise. I hope you heal soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.