Fissurectomy result

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had operation 3 days ago. Still in agony after BM. Pain improves after 4-5 hours but screaming pain 1-2 hours after BM. Strange because for first hour after BM pain is manageable, but then it comes... Predictability of pain cycle can cause you to become distressed. Had to drink half bottle of vodka on second day as nothing else could stop pain. Was given ibuprofen and paracetamol by hospital but I think useless. Feel I wasn't given enough info about the total disruption to life post-op, basically you can't do anything. For 4-5 hours after BM all I can do is pace around room like a prisoner, after that can lie on side until sleep. had rind cut off fissure and Botox and a sentinel pile removed. Cost GBP 1,800 as a day case. pain is reducing but fear of BM is powerful. Can't do anything with family, kids, driving, etc. will update again after one week

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Does everyone get to read this? The more advice the better. Feels bit better to know that what I'm feeling is normal. 
  • Posted

OK, it is now 4 MONTHS since my fissurectomy.  The good news is that I am back at work (a month already) and basically living my life again.  The bad news is that it still isn't 100% normal.  There are times I still need to stand up and give my bum a break.  It is nothing like as bad as before.  But for around 10 weeks I couldn't work because I couldn't predict how I would feel from one day to another.  
  • Posted

OK, now 5 months and I am pretty confident I am fully cured.  No pain whatsoever.  So, that's all, folks!
    • Posted

I have been following your story and I am so glad is over for you. It hurt me every time I read in how much pain you were.

I am still....hopefully half way there. Drinking tons of water, eating tons of fiber, walking, taking vitamins and Muralax every day, applying Diltiazem twice a day and many hot sitz baths as needed.....and praying a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.