Fissures hell

Posted , 5 users are following.

Surgery or diet about to give up.

6 months and hurting, throbbing...its about to kill me!

Help, suggestions welcome!

Thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Laxido, one sachet every day, magnesium citrate 500 mg, get from amazon, take one or two daily. Changed my life, healed my fissure.

good luck.

• Posted

It stopped bleeding within a week, after bleeding every time for years.

Now six months down the line, never bleeds, not sore. Still take laxido and magnesium every day, prob will for life.

• Posted

May i know how old are you? Have u ever gone through colonoscopy? Well,my fissure is bleeding on and off and m really afraid it is sth more serious.
    • Posted

Yep had colonoscopy, gastroscopy, ct, and MRI. My fissure had been bleeding for years, I had a rectocele, thought that was why.

Dr was worried, I had become very anaemic, I thought it was because of rectal bleeding, turned out I had gastric ulcers, that’s how I ended up being tested for just about everything under the two week rule in case I had bowel cancer.

Are you Male or Female?

• Posted

Robert -  Find an excellent reputable surgeon and go have the surgery.   I too had fissure problems for several months and I trying to deal with diet alone but was losing hope.    I had the surgery roughly 2 years ago and I am soo very thankful I did.  Fissures are a distant memory now.   Not a one since.  I still take Metamucil daily but that's no big deal.  I'm in OR, USA. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.