Fistula - MRI - Need help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Dear friends/doctor,

Need your help in understanding MRI report. I got different views from different doctors and confused what to do.

Please help to explain.

Background

I had fistula surgery done about one and half year ago.

My fistula track is cured completely.

Sometimes I feel absolutely normal but sometimes I feel little discomfort in my anal canal.

I spoke to my doctor, he did clinic check and told everything is absolutely fine.

Due to sometime discomfort, I insisted for MRI.

please refer to attachment for my MRI done 4 months before(after 1 year of surgery)

It says no fistula but a very small abscess.

Doctor told me nothing to worry.

I did one more MRI by myself last week to access if the abscess is gone.

Please my second MRI  attachment for report.

Second MRi says.. grade 1 low partially fibrosed interspentric fistula and no abscess.

I shown the report to couple of doctors, here is what they said.

fibrosed = healed fistula

no abscess = nothing to worry

Second MRI was done from different MRI clinic. Doctor is telling that this is medical term used by MRI clinic and I am absolutely fine.

I am little worried. Please help if the above saying from doctor is correct and I do not need further treatment.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm no expert on MRI's but it sounds like your surgeon didn't fix all he was supposed to. Or maybe something may have got sick during the surgery inside. Which lets pay it didn't. I had surgery for a fissure 2 years ago and it took literally one year to fully heal. I had always felt done discomfort for a long time after surgery. But eventually i finally healed. And i feel like a new beginning. Hang in there, i know how painful it must be for you. But outs goods your taking action and getting those MRI's done. I hope whatever that discomfort is that it goes array soon. If not go to a different county and get an MRI done, who knows, maybe your chances might be better and they find something.

Good luck to you and God Bless?

• Posted

Thanks Melissa for your reply and understanding my situation. I dont think I have choice, I need to wait.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.