Fistulae and Setons

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Crohns near the end of 2017. Fast Forward 2 and a bit years and I now have 3 seton threads all fitted around my anus area.

The pain is horrible, like a constant sting.

Worse, they had to put one, it feels like, right through my scrotum.

I'm so sick and tired now, I know it could be worse (I haven't got to the bowel removal stage) but this is incredibly frustrating.

I'm on Azathioprine (2 pills nightly) and Infliximab (though I keep having it cancelled because of operations). My drug levels will now be low and I'm slowly going to the toilet more and more often.

It's getting me down now, I just want it all to end so I can get back to working in the office pain and risk free.

To those of you who think you have Crohns, you need to push hard for a diagnosis and keep on top of your doctors to make things happen.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

so sorry to hear your going through this rough time. try to think that there will be a end to this and hopefully pain free

• Posted

Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Jamie, I do hope the pain has eased some for you. It sounds so painful and discouraging. We on this site are wishing you the very best

Gloria

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.