fistulas

Posted , 3 users are following.

husband has been in hospital for 8 months. un-repairable hernia. both large and small intestines. they did surgery. took out 2 ft. of his small intestine. he has been ill since.  Surgeon said she tried to put all of the intestine back..........no go, no space..too long.

he has since been in and out of hospital with numerous infections, It has been almost a year.  I never talk to a doctor, it is rare to never to see a nurse with answers. in and out of a nursing home.  I work 40+ a week, so see him 2-3 times a week. he seems to never know much of anything as to weather dr. nurse, or when they last changed his wound vac for the 3 fistulas.  I am beside myself with UMM who, when, how, where and Why is this all happening???. at wits end help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry you and your husband are going through this. It sounds like a living hell!

I have no experience with these issues but Im others will.

I pray for divine intervention for you, it doesn’t sound like the medical teams are there for you.

• Posted

Praying for you and your husband. God will heal him.

Doctors sometimes don't make help as much as they should. And when you don't gget answers it's quite discouraging.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.