Fistulotomy and latent tb!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I had my first fistula Dec 16 and surgery jan 17 since then up and down with abscesses so damn painful! Anyway not been able to sit down properly for nigh on a year and last week had another fistulotomy so I have 2 seton stitches and 2 days after started meds for latent tb the side effects of these drugs are driving me insane I can't cope with both! Has anyone had rifinah for latent tb? Basically this all came about as I am trying to get my gastro dr to try me on infliximab for uc/crohns I say both as gastro dr says I have uc and my colorectal surgeon says crohns? So anyway this led to the path of getting tested for tb. It's bad enough having multiple toilet trips anyway but these meds are doubling that I can't sleep I can't go anywhere and desperate to go back to work!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey, please see my post on 10/6/17 in this same forum.  Do you notice that your pain increases after a bowel movement...maybe soon after, or maybe hours later?
    • Posted

Hi thank you I have read yr discussion.. very interesting read and I will certainly talk this over with my dr.. however the pain isn't after each bowel movement (which is currently anything from 20 to 30) times during the course of 24 hrs. The tb meds have made things so much worse and I'm worried that the increased bms will affect the fistula/wound. The pain I have is mainly at night I just don't sleep and I am back at work tomoro for a 10 hr shift ... dreading it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.