Fistulotomy operation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. I done anal fistulotomy operation they inserted seton. What must i expect from now and what are the do's and dont's? I will be glad to hear from people who been in this situation and those who got the knowledge of this operation. My intention is to keep the wound not infected and i must go back to work after a week. Thanx in advance

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zolani,

I hope your healing well.

I have been through the same operation.

Eating right-high protein and fiber- limit sugar as much as possible and drink plenty of water. Keep the wound area very clean this will also help with pain especially after bowel movements.

Sitz bath with warm water and epsom salt is very helpful. I soaked many many times a day for a month after my surgery. I still do a few times a day.

At work carry gauze and wet wipes if you can, in case you need it for the wound area.

Hopefully this helps! smile

• Posted

Thnx for the advice Mel i never knew about epsom salt as part of healing the hound now i know. I must buy lots of baby wipes
    • Posted

Hi Zolani

Good to hear you are now through your operation. I agree with mel, as little sugar as possible, just from small amount of fruit. 80 percent vegetables and 20 percent fruit. I did not drink alcohol either to give my body a chance to recover. I also bought some big pants smile to help keep the gauze and sellotape in place. Made me feel more secure that it wouldn't fall out on the floor smile but each to their own we all find the things that work best for us. take care and don't work too hard!

• Posted

😂 big paints! When I'm fine i will donate those underwears to salvation army. Thnx guys abt your advises you make me feel well, i do exactly as you said i see some improvement. What causes pain when you go to the loo and when that will stop?

• Posted

Charity box was where mine went too! The surgeon has just cut a hole in your b.u.m. so each time you go it will cause pressure on this wound. It will ease just takes time as the wound slowly heals. Another week and you will feel a big difference.
    • Posted

Ok thnx, so no more alcohol coz i got 750ml bottle of red dry 🍷 wine its been there for a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.