Five Months Post Op....Double Bunion Removal and Toe Correction

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello all my lovely Bunion Buddies xx Its now nearly five months post op.. and going ok... i never thought i would see any light at the end of the tunnel, my feet still hurt and still feel very sore, i can only wear a soft walking shoe but i am walking and driving again, its been a long painful road and i thank every one who replied to my questions and giving me help and advise during my darkest moments.... i am back on a good diet now i am in a better frame of mind.. as during the first couple of months if i was not crying i was eating and have gained quite a lot of weight during the process....i now manage to get out to do food shopping and retail shopping but only for a short while because i feel quite tired having to walk slow and steady and by the time i get home my feet are paining and abit swollen so they go in a bowl of cool water, the nerve endings on both big toes are still very sensitive and i can not have any bed sheets touching them... its like little electric shocks but i am coping with that too... i am here to help anyone going through the highs and lows of this surgery as were the good people who helped me, i must say this site has been wonderful with help so i would like to give something back now to anyone who needs help too.... big thank you once again to my bunion buddies xx

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Gillie, I know you have really struggled, but you seem in a better frame of mind just from your message. Try gently massaging the areas around scars and bunion and hammertoe, hot and cold water therapy will help greatly. Im still wearing my support bandage on my left foot (hammertoe) as it gives me a bit of support and helps with the swelling during the day. I feel we have to at some point push through the pain and try and get back to normal.  Diet helped me greatly and gentle excercise will make yopu feel much better. Keep us posted. Your doing great after such a big surgery. keep positive. x x
    • Posted

Rae that's great advice about the hot & cold therapy that's exactly what my physio said to do. It aids circulation and reduces swelling. Xx
    • Posted

hi rae.... thank you for your kind reply xx yes i do believe too that diet helps, i started weight watchers last week so this saturday will be my first weigh in but i know to get some weight off will help me, and being in a better place in my mind has helped, i was on medication for the down depression it brought but i have now come off them which is also positive for me... i will certainly try the hot and cold water therapy what ever advice i have been given on here i have taken and welcomed the results thank you x keep strong and keep in touch as i said i will always view this site for anyone needing abit of help and a chat, cheers rae and keep up your good work x
    • Posted

Hi Carole, yes that's right, my physio suggested it to me bug I was already doing it, she said the same about swelling etc. I'm having more swelling on the left foot, and it helps ease the hammertoe too, which is swollen. I keep thinking of the end result and remaining positive. X
    • Posted

good on you for ditching the meds! Can you static cycle? Or use a cross trainer! It's a great starting point. I'm feeling better for getting back to the gym. Use hot and cold a couple of times a day, try the bandage too. I still wear mine in bed on left foot lol, it's like a comfort blanket haha 😜 I used to do weight watchers too.....good to be weighed each week, will keep you on track. I will ke checking in too, our stories help others. I remember nervously posting and asking loads of questions. Gillie we are on the home straight now, just a few hurdles to jump 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.