Five Months Today!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Yay!  I have celebrated my five month post op status by standing in the kitchen with my three granddaughters preparing meals and then cleaning up afterwards and then playing a fun card game with them.

This may not be exciting by some standards, but for me it is WONDERFUL!  For that year and a half of laying around because of the failed device after my first LTHR and the excruciating pain was so bad that I was unable to do life's daily tasks.  My revision surgery left me able to walk, sit and lay down without pain. Praise God!

So now, the most difficult thing to do is to re-establish a daily routine.  Having a delay in my post op recovery due to extensive bone grafting, and being left anemic for, well, just recently, it has been difficult to re-establish a daily routine. However, just this week, I have been able to be standing up with my girls in the kitchen and they seem to really love it.

Excruciating pain for a long period of time without pain medications caused me to feel helpless and angry.  I changed.  And my little family suffered with me.  I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to be getting back to some normalcy.  Two year battle is now behind me.

So, I just wanted to celebrate with all of you too, because without this site I could have not made it through all I have been through.

Celebrate!  Celebrate!  Dance to the music!

Love to all,

Dawn, USA

7 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi dawn

Well done isn't it lovely how small things seem to please so much after months of pain, I remember at 5 months getting out of a chair for the first time and not moaning it was a significant time in my recovery and I remember it well as you will bring in the kitchen with your lovely girls go Dawn life can only get better

Regards from the UK

Vicki 😀😀😀😀

• Posted

It is lovely when you realise that you can do normal things. Sometimes when I walk round the house or push a shopping trolley realizing that I'm doing it without pain gives me so much pleasure!

I'm glad you are now beginning to enjoy life!

• Posted

Thanks Annedi!  It is if my world is unfolding with pleasure instead of agony and it feels wonderful!
  • Posted

Oh, Dawn

Happy Happy Hippy 5 month birthday to you and your wonderful hip

I am so pleased for you and so refreshing to hear someone grateful for the ordinary everyday pleasures that we tend to take for granted. We have to be truly thankful to be able to enjoy these homely family moments. I sometimes feel as if I have been reborn and look at everything in a different way because I can actually enjoy things now - I am sure you feel the same.

I have three grandsons - twins aged 12 and an older grandson aged 14 - they really are blessings and I am so proud of them.

I hope you have a lovely day with your girls and I am sure that everything will start to slot into a normal routine now that you are without that AWFUL PAIN!

Kindest wishes Linda xx

• Posted

Thank you Linda for rejoicing with me!  Warm hugs to you!  I even played a card game with my girls and they loved it!  For so long I could not even PLAY!  Or LAUGH!  Life has improved so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.