Five weeks post operation tomorrow.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Went to physio yesterday and she was really pleased with my

progress. This week things have really got better. I am sleeping

better and the pain is less. I went on the bike at physio couldn't

quite manage a full turn but she said that will come. I can now

use my bike at home so can practice. She had me walking properly upstairs too.All in all a good session. Just my consultant to

see in a weeks time and then hopefully will be finished with the

hospital. Have to remember to put all my weight on the operated

leg when standing and walking. Boy that makes a difference. and

you can really feel the pull. Hope all on here soon get to this stage. I know I will still have good and bad days but my glass is half full and I will keep on telling myself this.Good luck and pain free day to all of you. I think we have earned it.x

4 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

After seeing an osteopath for sciatic pain in my right leg @ 8 weeks, I am very pleased to report that my right knee has caught up with my left knee again.  Able to walk without a limp again.  I saw her 4 days ago & the response to the gentle movements they do is absolutely amazing.  Have an another appt next week & am ready to believe in miracles after this week.  I am able to use my static bike again & this has enabled me to walk without the limp, & go up & down steps.  Isnt it wonderful when things improve. Feeling very positive again.  It is certainly a rollercoaster ride.
  • Posted

Hi joan

i am 4 weeks,

i had had tried walking upstairs and although managed it had a dull pain on top of my knee, couldn't manage down!    I am just 2 days on my bike long leg but full turn.    Had a bad night last night with a stiff uncomfortable leg.

how does your knee feel after stairs?

glad you are feeling good - I am up and down worried I am doing either too much or not enough !!! Lol.  

Sue x 

• Posted

I am 7 weeks and am getting up stairs "normally" but very slowly.However I am struggling coming down Physio explained that this is because my quads are still very week and not to stress and take my time. You are doing brilliant to be even trying at 4 weeks, well done to you
  • Posted

Glad to hear you are doing so well.

The gooed news is things get even better Joan believe me.

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Glad to hear your news Joan. I too am 5 weeks tomorrow, saw a new physio today & am now on an intensive programme. Twice a week, as my bend was so bad. By gum it hurt tho!!! I was at 62 degrees when I went in, and 80 when I came out 50 mins later!!! After a really bad week, I hope I am now positive enough to rise above this now!!! This forum has helped me so much, & it's good to have people at about the same stages & timescales as myself. You take care, but don't overdo things either. Karen x
    • Posted

keep up your positive attitude you will get there, at 5 week my bend was useless and I was getting worried at 6 week I had a surge forward and at 7 week I got the coveted 90, I never actually thought it would come ! stay in touch we all need all the support we can get, best wishes to you
  • Posted

Hi joan

not sure whether it's as it should be or I'm wanting too much, but I had problems before my tkr with my foot turning outward, 

i have been going on my bike only 5 mins at any time but am aware to bike comfortably getting a full turn my foot is turning out, my good foot being straight on the pedal,

will be be seeing physio on Wednesday, I am worrying if I should not use the bike until I've been.

i was hoping the tkr would have straightened my foot as the knee was the cause of it in the first place !

sue x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.