Fixator

Posted , 2 users are following.

I broke botth the tibia and tibia in my ankle in early Oct. They put me in a fixator immediately. Seen my dr yesterday and he wants me to continue with it for three more weeks. Is this normal? I can hardly get around at all. I am going crazy as I have to rely on others for so many things

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi James,

It's hard, frustrating, and depressing. I was non weight bearing and in a cast for 6 weeks, graduating too a boot for another 4, gradually putting weight on my ankle. You have too rely on others during this time, it will get better! After I got my cast off my progression has gone pretty fast, you will get there too. 

Hang in there, Accept help, in no time you will be totally self reliant. biggrin

• Posted

Thanks, it seems like i will be following somewhat of the same regiment with boot after fixator, but then he wants to put a rod in and he said that could be a couple more months of not weight bearing. He is a good dr and he is doing the right things for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.