FLA 7 month update after treatment in June 2019 by Dr. K

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all,

Just a quick update seven months after FLA treatment by Doctor Karamanian for severe BPH.

Short version I could not be happier. No longer think about it much. Flow is, literally, like being a young man again. All the plumbing does what it is supposed to do with no side effects.

Sleeping through the night, making it through 18 holes of golf, making it through meetings, etc. Just that now really appreciate it. 😃

It was expensive, but worth every penny, and yes with 12 laser passes for my very large prostate (vs 6 normally) it took a few extra weeks to fully heal... but knowing what I know now about this and the other alternate procedures for BPH I would highly recommend Dr. K and nurse Donnie. From his willingness in the beginning to read my 3T MRI and give me an hour of free caring consultation - even though I live overseas, to the excellent staff and facilities and follow up care to the great results over time I am thrilled.

This was the best outcome I could have hoped for.

Good luck everyone.

Joe

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

I had my FLA for PCa and BPH with Dr.K in early Sept/19.

My results are great, all my BPH symptoms are gone, IPSS went from 25 to 1, my average urine flow last time I measured in early Dec/19, taken from 10 measurements is 16ml/sec.

I used to take Alfuzosin, I stopped using it some 7 weeks ago.

I had ~60cc prostate and median lobe, had some minor complications post FLA, due to 15 ablations (5for PCa, 10 for BPH) my prostate was swollen, after I removed the Foley had poor flow, started self catheterizaton and got UTI, ended up in ER and got another Foley for two weeks, as soon as I removed the Foley, the flow was great and all symptoms of BPH were history. Dr.K and Donnie, his nurse are a great team, couldn't be happier with this outcome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.