Flagyl made foul smell worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello ladies,

Please help. I can't live a normal life because of this. It is so embarrasing and it's making me not want to go to work or be around people at all because they give me a funny look when I come around. I finally had enough of it and went to the doctor 3 days ago. I've had a foul vaginal smell but no discharge or any other symptoms for about a month now and he tested me for bv but it came back negative. He advised that sometimes bv tests aren't a 100% accurate and that he would still prescribe me flagyl/metronidazole 500mg twice a day for 7 days. I had a distinct foul odor prior to taking this and once I did, I noticed on day 2 that the smell had gotten worse and it smelt like death. Does the foul smell get worse before it gets better when taking this antibiotic? It is now day 3 and I don't think the smell is getting any better. Should I give it some time before I start freaking out? Did anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Me too. I went to the doctor and all tests came back negative. Ive been to 3 docs and all tests were negative. I took flagly and the smell became worse. Same with all the other antibiotics i took. This issue has caused some of the most embarrassing moments of my life. People look at me like I'm disgusting but i cant help it. I have no control over it! One day it is okay the next the smell is so foul, i want to call of work!!! Ive tried everything. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm a virgin too, and i feel like this will ruin any chance of a real relationship. This has completely lowered my quality of life , and it seems like no one is taking it seriously, especially the doctors.

• Posted

Honestly, guys please stop stressing, your hormones are really affecting this. Please try boric acid. Please eat clean. Go to the healthfoodstore, buy a 50 billion probiotic. You must take these everyday. Everyones body is different, but you mist start somewhere

i hope this helos. Pray. please dont have sex. It will get under control. You have to be consistent, Check your diet, no sugar, drink nothing but water, or lemon water. God bless.

• Posted

I haven't had sex for about a month now since I first noticed the foul smell. I've been drinking a lot of water. Even shortly after I take a shower, I still smell it. I think the foul smell is coming from inside my cervix.

• Posted

hello

I had chronic bv and trush together . antibiotics stopped working for me. I tried all the remedies that exist, and nothing worked for me. I was so depressed for a long time. I finally found something that worked for me. I use boric acid vaginal suppositories. Read about them in their website called boricap Its abit pricey but its worth every penny.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Tomorrow is my last day taking this medicine and still no changes. I will try this. Thank you so much. Did you only have to use it once or do you still use it every time it comes back?

• Posted

This happened to me the last time I took these. I stopped taking them and the smell started to go away. Not completely, but not nearly as awful as when i took them. I think its bc the antibiotics killed all the good bacteria too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.