Flagyl problems?

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I was prescribed Augmentin and Flagyl for my diverticulitis flare up.  I started running a temperature last evening.  During the night I started throwing up and now this morning am having very loose bowels.  

Have any of you had this same type of reaction to Flagyl?  I do not drink alcohol and even checked my toothpaste, gum, etc to make sure it wasn't in them., as well as Propylene Glycol.   I feel horrible today.  

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have read on here that people have some not nice side effects with those drugs   If you are really bad I would get in touch with your GP and speak to them 
  • Posted

so sorry you're going through that ... yes, when I came home from hospital, I was prescribed Flagyl and had the same thing ... so sick to my stomach and vomiting a lot ... called my doctor and he told me to discontinue it. Also prescribed something for nausea. You might want to call your doctor.

hope things get better.

• Posted

Flagel makes me sick. I have never had a fever while taking it.  How many days have you been taking it? And it does cause loose movements.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up