Flair up

Posted , 7 users are following.

how often is it ok to use steroid cream a day cannot get a break from this flair up

elaine

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I use it morning and night, rubbing it in for at least a minute. Remember to keep the are moist, lubricated all the time. Rinse with water after voiding. Wear only cotton undies, and change them often. Works for me. Hope this helps!!

• Posted

My Doctor says twice a day during a flare up.

Two days per week for maintenance.

In my experience using too much steroid cream can make it worse.

I use Vaseline on a regular basis and this helps a lot.

My last flare up lasted 8 months. Very discouraging but I have been pretty much fine for the last 11 months now.

• Posted

That was 8 months of using the steroid twice a day?! If so, I feel better about my gyn saying to use it as often as I need to. I'm not having anything as dramatic as others report; in my case the activity of it is stealthy so I've been confused about how much steroid to use.

• Posted

my doctor gave me 1% steroid ointment to use every day and the clobetosole in flare ups one doc said use twice a day for 3 weeks the other said once a day for 5 days

• Posted

The only steroid I've used is 1% so I guess that's why my gyn said it' s fine to use it often if I need to. Have never used clob.

• Posted

Hello I was told by my gynaecologist to use betnovate no more than 100g a year ... I use it at night every other day and this seems to work ok. I up it to every night if getting more bother. I could not tolerate any other stronger steroid. I've never gone over the recommended amount doing this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.