Flakes, Itchy white spots on scalp - helppppp please

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi - I've been having an itchy area in my head for many years now, at least 4+. At first it was just an itch, and now it is full blown flakes, and appears to be growing, and in different areas of my head. when i scracth now the flake comes off and there is blood below.

I had seen a dermitologist two years ago, and they did testing on the flakes, but was determined to not be an infection. I was also prescribed apo-clobetasol spray. The spray helped the itch, but it made may scalp really sensitive and the issues have not stopped. I have another appointment with a new dermotologist, but loosing hope in what they'll prescribe next.

I'm currently using malibu c scalp welness shampoo. it helps with the itching, but this has become very irritating now. I'm very itchy at nights, and then the flakes cause a big mess. I cut all my hair just to see the extent of the issue. I also use almond oil on my head to keep it moistures and reduce the itchy feeling.

any ideas how i can fix this scalp condition? any help is appreciated. Thanks

Image of head in July 2017

Image of head in July 2019

Current image of head April 2020

and latest issue are on front of head

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.