Flakey Skin after cast removal.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi.  I had my cast removed after 6 weeks and my skin is really flakey.  What cream have you used to remove this?  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

After scrubbing well, I used Bio-Oil. That fixed me up in a day or two.
  • Posted

I have used aqueous cream. It looks like it will take an age to rub on but it quickly soaks in.
  • Posted

Hi Tina,

From the day the cast came off we used the best cream we could get.  Something to contain the itch also.   Therapy moisturizers are the best I think. And my sweet husband put it on my wound and leg every morning and at night. A life saver for sure and now 11 weeks out of surgery my legs look and feel great! 

Good luck!

Rose

• Posted

Hi Tina.I used E45 intense recovery lotion and the skin was back to normal in a few days.I also used it on the scars which have now faded and I can hardly see them.Best wishes Nonita
  • Posted

Have a foot and leg soak in Epsom salts, the dry skin just flakes away. After that just try Aveeno  or E45 moisturiser, both are amazing. GL x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.