Flank (back / side) pain & nausea ???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Question. I have been having back pain on the right hand side a little lower than the ribs... along with some nausea. Could this be kidneys? Do you think it’s something else??

I no longer have the drenching night sweats I had two weeks ago but they have been replaced by this aching and almost tender feeling on my right mid/low back. I am curious... do kidneys help our body in fighting off viruses and bacteria? Could this ache be from my kidneys working overtime or being overwhelmed with toxins? 

I have an appt tomorrow with doc so I’ll ask her too but I am curious what you all think or if you’ve experienced this.

Overall I have also noticed an improvement in my fatigue and breathlessness today I was out of the house for 4 hours. Slow progress... hoping to be at 80% by Spring time .. right now I feel about 65%. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi van,

i have ate no idea about the pain or kidneys etc but I do understand about the nausea, fatigue and breathlessness.

i haven't had nausea for about 6 weeks now and the breathlessness and fatigue has lifted a lot, this happened at about a year, I'm having a good 5 week stretch!!! 

Your breathlessness and fatigue will just keep getting better

Caroline x

• Posted

Hey Van,

Glad to hear that the sweats have subsided a bit and some slow improvement, so frustrating to hear you're having this bother with your back, I certainly do sympathise with that, although I'm sure that yours is very much related to the virus and you will make a full recovery.

I know that the spleen is on the right hand side around that area as you look from the front, and that essentially is the organ they always say is effected in glandular fever due to it being the centre of lots of glands I think. It could very well be the glands in that area, I had a lot of aches and pains in that area, mainly around the front but that's not to say it couldn't affect the back either. I think nothing is out of bounds with this virus. I know when I had the virus my liver function tests always showed as being slightly off during it too, nothing to worry about and returned to normal.

I agree with Caroline that things will get better!!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.