Flare

Posted , 12 users are following.

So I was diagnosed with PMR on Aug 19/16. Started on 20mg pred and have tapered down to 2.5 mg when flare started last week. Now up to 5 mg the last 3 days and still experiencing hip pain during the day and keeping me awake at night. It hurts! I am reluctant to go back to 10 mg but my body is not happy. So far it hasn't crept back into my shoulders, hands but what should I do??

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Unfortunately you go back up with pred dose like all of us....get on top of the

pain with the pred or it will just keep getting worse, 5mg may not be enough.    I was diagnosed about

two and a half years ago and the ups and downs with pred has been my life.   Started at

20mg and got down to 4mg a day when sciatica laid me low....worst pain....

sed rate shot back up and doc put me back to 20 mg.

I've been trying to reduce and stay down ever since.   This time I'm going to

do the reducing at a slow, slow, slow pace.....good luck and welcome

to our neighborhood.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.