Flare after miscarriage

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

I last had a flare in February last year 2018 which lasted forever. I had a D and C last week baby had no heartbeat at 11 weeks. Today i have been getting really bad stomach cramps and diarohea with mucus. I can hear the wind in my stomach and very bloated. When im trying to pass im in alot of pain. Is this the start of another flare? Because before this i was unable to go to the bathrom as it was so painful to even try to pass. All i passed was blood. Sorry for tmi.

Thank you for reading.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sophie

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a miscarriage. As if you haven't enough on your plate, your symptoms sound very much like a flare up. My daughter has UC and your symptoms are exactly what she has had when in a flare. I think you should try and see your Gastroenterologist asap so that they can help you get this under control. Wishing you all the very best for a speedy recovery. Warm regards. Diane

• Posted

Thank you for replying. I will be seeing my consultant tommorow xx

• Posted

I'm so glad to hear your seeing your consultant tomorrow. Wishing you all the very best 🙂

• Posted

Sorry, forgot to say, also let the hospital know. Some symptoms after a D & C can be similar, (cramping etc) but if you let them know you have had UC flare in past then they can check for definite. Good luck and hope you get to see the Dr very soon.

• Posted

HI sophie

first of all im so sorry to hear of tour miscarriage 😦. i too had a miscarriage in august and within 48 hours i was bleeding with mucus, unfortunatley i have still in that flare up and been on steroids the last 2 months. i was diagnosed with UC after giving birth to my son in 2016 do i do believe pregnancy/hormones have a lot to do with it along with the stress of the miscarriage it sounds like a flare.i would give tour IBD Nurse a call. wishing you well

suzanne x

• Posted

Thank you for replying. I was given suppositories for my first flare. Now that ive flared again do you think that i will have to take oral steroids? Ive managed to get an appointment with the IBD clinic tommorow . I was okay throughout the pregnancy but after the miscarriage it made it flare again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.