Flare in more than one joint

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is it common to get flares in more than one joint? Last week I had flare in my shoulder, elbow and hand on my right arm. This is a first for me. I am currently on humira and it does seem like it's doing something but I still have a lot of pain.  Now I am getting stiffness in my whole body some days especially my arms. Also lots of fatigue that sometimes last until 6 or 7 in the evening. Also swelling in my hands which I didn't have before. I go back to the doc in a couple of days and I think he will add some other medicine to this humira. I don't know what it will be, I've been through Plaqineil and MTX. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I get flare ups in multiple places, but often it is followed by what seems to be a longer a period of remission. Shoulders and neck and elbows and hands seem to go together. 

Sometimes i get dull pain in every joint, but that seem to be more about bad weather than a real flare. 

• Posted

I don't know if it's common but I have it together. Off Humira due its side effect, off any meds except painkillers for almost 6 months (bad blood tests). It attacks the entire body - back, hands, fingers, elbows. knees. feet, neck... Stiffness is almost constant, especially the back and the fingers. Never (or almost never) had any swelling - joints just deform after especially painful periods. Good luck with adding another med! I was not prescribed one despite the pain as my dr(s) didn't think that something other than painkillers will help. Glad to hear that Humira does work for someone up to a certain extend. I got a referral to the pain clinic - maybe you want to discuss this option with your dr. 
  • Posted

Yes. I used to get flares in several joints, usually bilaterally.
  • Posted

I'm taking SULFASALAZINE. It's all still new to me. I might have psoriasis, which changes things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.