Flare up?

Posted , 4 users are following.

As per my other posts I have IBS which is managed quite well. Dr took me off Mebeverine and replaced with Lansoprazole as family history of acid is incredibly high. But past 3 days on the evening after work I've had a headache around my eyes.. I have a weird sensation in my stomach almost like it's bubbling.. below ribcage but above naval.. that aRea. Keep belching acid taste in my mouth. Lower Back is hurting also increased SMELLY flatulence.

I have been very tired recently though with my job.

Possible flare up???

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Steve, ask your doctor if you can take probiotics. They help a great deal when taking prescription meds. Plus they keep (SOME PEOPLE) from having acid in their stomachs. Ask before taking anything. and if he says it's ok, make sure you get them from a professional like a health food store or herberlist. Praying you get better, Jay
  • Posted

Dr prescribed me Omeprazole. (possibly the same group as the ones he gave you) I take 2 every night and find they help.

Hope this settles down.

Sarah

• Posted

mebeverene is an antispasmodic, lanzoprasole is a proton pump inhibitor to reduce acid. there is no reason you cant take both. lanzoprasole can cause gastro problems as it loweers the acid content. if youre not having acid problems or on long term NSAIDs then theres no reason for you to take it
    • Posted

I was having acid problems and there is a very strong family history of acid related conditions. With the majority of my immediate family are on Omeprezole. I was taken off the mebeverine because they didn't agree with me..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.