Flare up ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

What are your symptoms of a flare up ?

Just wondering if I have one ....

Pain worse on left side of stomach , headache , swollen glands , and just yuk ! No running to loo or nauseous and don't have temperature ! Didn't eat much yesterday felt much the same . What should I do ? Xxx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes sounds like how mine started. The best advise I can give and one I stupidly did not follow is to really limit food for 24 Hours and just drink plain things, herb teas help. Take paracetamol not ibuprofen and hopefully should subside. I ended up on anti bs which have left other problems. Also buscopan and colpermin work. Hope you feel better soon 

• Posted

Hi

yes...yes...yes and yes.  and I can add stinging while having BM. I don't have to run to bathroom either but I do get the nausea. Just the thought of food makes me clinch up.  When I feel like this I start liquiding right away.  only liquids the first few days. I mix instant breakfasts and blend really cooked veggies and drink that.  I don't eat any solid food at all. Then slowly start adding things like really mashed up boiled eggs and mashed potatoes and veggies. I stay completely away from raspberries and blackberries and red meat at all times.  These are my main triggers.

For each person the tricks are different and its definitely a trial and error situation. My one spot of advice is once you found a trigger don't be like me. We were at a BBQ and I figured I'd stopped eating red meat for a couple weeks so I thought one bite wouldn't hurt so that's what I did. I took one bit from my husbands steak. I paid for it the next day.  So a trigger will always be a trigger. God I miss steak..lol

Sunni

• Posted

Hi sunny

Thanks again for your reply. I did in fact call the Drs and got some anti biotics and am feeling a lot better for it.

I am trying to follow the fodmap diet at the moment .... It is hard but feeling better for it . V v interesting re red meat .,.. So sorry bout the steak ... That's hard!

Fodmap says no onion which is apparently a v big trigger .... I've only gone and bought a turkey which had stuffing in it and of course that contains onions!!! Aargh ! Will I ever get to grips with this !! Xx

• Posted

My trigger is sweet corn which I love, on it's own with tuna any way you can have it. So I should have known better than to eat some. Like you have been having what I call beige foods but as I mentioned in another post you kindly replied to warm water with lemon first thing in morning is really helping me.
    • Posted

Ha ha - beige foods, this made me chuckle!! I have just been diagnosed at the weekend and all my food seems to be the same texture and colour, I don't actually care too much though as at the moment I just want to feel better ( sniffs dramatically ) .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.