Flare Up.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've started with a DD flare up again and don't know what to eat.

I know that I should be on a liquid diet but I can't eat canned soups

or any vegetables, nothing acidic or sugary, fatty food is out.

I don't eat meat.I feel very tired and weak so need something quick

to prepare. . Any ideas please . I can't have the vitamin drinks either..

I know, nothing left 😩

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What about the Slimfast meals ? Or Complan ?
    • Posted

Yvonne

I can't have slimfast or complan, it's all the added vitamins

which give me a IBS flare. I remember my grandma

used to have complan .

Thanks for the thought x

• Posted

What about jelly. I have DD and IBS and find chicken soup is ok for me
    • Posted

Hi Susan

I do eat a little jelly. I'm starving for "real " food. Sigh !

Do you make your own chicken soup ?I can't eat tinned

because of all the additives.

Wish I could find a bland soup recipe but I can't think what to

put in it has I can't eat vegetables.

• Posted

I buy tins of soup I would be starving too. I honestly don't know what to suggest sorry

• Posted

I always used to make my own stews but can't tolerate

it now. I find the spices in tinned soup have me in terrible pain

and then the diarrhoea starts.

• Posted

Iam the same with my stew I can't eat it anymore I put it down to the beef and the rich gravy. I was thinking earlier the last time I hade diarrhoea was after eating a bowl of chicken soup maybe I should stay off it x

• Posted

Susan, if you read the ingredients in any tinned soup

you will see they all have a lot of spices and other ingredients

that are not good if you have DD or IBS.

I steer well clear of tinned soup and anything with spices,

I can't have beans or peas either.

I can't have frozen foods either (except plain cod )

They are all filled with rubbish !!

• Posted

Doesn't leave us much to eat does it. But I won't be eating tin soup again. I will have a bash at making some. I was going to try beans on toast but decided against it

• Posted

I had some Meso soup the otherday (ate the veg but not the onions) which went down fine.

The other thing that seems to work very well for me as a calming drink is fresh ginger (cut fine with boiling water) then add in manuka honey?

good luck!

• Posted

James thanks for reminding me about fresh ginger tea.

I'll try to get some when I can get out.

• Posted

Hey Linda - Shame if you cant add the honey as that seems to help for me but that might be a no-no for another reason. 

Feel better soon!

James

• Posted

I dont know if this will help you. I have had DD for the past 10yrs, but for nearly 2yrs i have taken Aloe Vera liquid twice a day 50ml each time. The only other thing that i have altered is Wholemeal bread, i try not to eat tomatoes but practically eat anything and everything, i do try and drink 2 litres of water or orange juice a day, i have had no problems at all, infact you would never know i had DD, but put a little extra weight on, no flare ups at all, hope this helps.

Barry

• Posted

Hi Barry

I do have some Aloe Vera capsules, maybe I should start

taking them again. I'm scared to try the juice as it can

give you diarrhoea.

I haven't been able to eat tomatoes for years or any salad .

I do drink a lot of water. Most foods seem to upset me now.

Thanks for your reply.

Keep well.

• Posted

Hi Linda,

I have never had the problem of diarhoea from the juice, when i bought it the shop the girl told me to build up the dose gradually, i guess you could try a small amount first, i would think it maybe something else and not the aloe vera. I do use honey on my poridge every morning, hardly drink tea much now, but i can eat most things now. I have been taking Busy B vitamins B12 and vit C, they are big tablets and turn yr wee bright yellow. I have never felt so good as i do now, loads of energy, very helpfull in my local health food store. I hope you solve it as i and many others know how you feel, it worked for me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.