Flare up ??

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi whats the symptoms of the flare up i'm confused been diagnosed with the diverticulitis i don't want to call it disease

but only bad pain i have its after i go to toilet that's all

now i have some tommy cramps is that the symptoms ??

help

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Everyone is different and has different symptoms. When I have a flare up, I usually hurt all down my left side, My stomach bloats and tremendous gas. And depending how bad the infection is I also run fever. The only time I hurt after going to the bathroom was when i had a perforation. I was in the hospital a week that time.

• Posted

can i ask you do you have this discomfort every day ?

and if you drink alcohol does it make it worse ?

• Posted

My diverticulitis was diagnosed with a CT scan. My symptoms were abdominal discomfort and fever. My understanding is that the discomfort is usually in the lower left quadrant; however, mine was sort of all over the abdomen. I spent 2 days in the hospital with IV antibiotics to get rid of it. The following year, I had a repeat stay for 2 days w/IV antibiotics. All the best to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.