Flare up

Posted , 6 users are following.

does anyone else feel anxious and cant think straight during a flare up. sometimes my flares up differ from flat and lethargy to full on feeling anxious- worst case of anxiety the other day during a flare up- could not control remitting thoughts at all, heart was pounding, felt awful. Lasted a day but still unwell days later, but anxiety calmed down.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

yes im in a bad flare at the moment and having a really hard time dealing with the anxiety. i have a lot of health issues and i cant shake the thoughts of something bad happening or my body completely breaking down, and the worst of it is i know that the anxiety is making it worse..

• Posted

its the racing heart thats the worse and feeling low yet i know once flare passes it goes back to normal its a horrible feeling

• Posted

Hi Nichola,

I know exactly where you're coming from.

For me anxiety appears from no where. I can wake up like it! I'm not sure if it's the adrenaline causing it when I've used up all my store of energy or it's something else.

Another lovely symptom of this damn condition.

Sarah

• Posted

thats cortisol first thing in the morning.. sign of the adrenals being out of whak. be kind to yourself. this too shall pass...

• Posted

yes in the past .... so hyper yet so tired cant focus or relax .... skin crawling . just watch the clock all day waiting for bedtime !

• Posted

thats exactly how i feel, hear is racing all day that i feel on edge, and am getting hot and cold. no temperature though. and am not sleepy or feeling relaxed , just sat on sofa waiting till bed time, and head is foggy so i cant think straight.

• Posted

Hi Nicola when you say hot and cold, I'm wondering if you get the same as me.

I suddenly, whatever the weather come over incredibly cold, like to my bones. I literally shake with the cold. The heating can be on, I'll be wearing a thermal vest, layers of clothing, have a blanket over me, even a hot water bottle at times. My husband will be sat in a t-shirt!

On other occasions I overheat, as if I've been sat in a sauna, I end up soaking flannels in icy water and laying them over myself (incidentally it's not a menopausal hot flush). These hot/cold incidents happen randomly although there is a pattern of sorts with the cold, I generally get that late afternoon when my energy levels have been depleted.

These days I look forward to bedtime and put my PJs on around 5pm........what a sad existence this is 🤔.

Sarah

• Posted

i am pretty much always cold, but hot at night, and get it in my bones too. but these last few days i have been sweating hot, and had windows open and fan on me.

• Posted

Anxiety has taken over my life these past 14 months and heart like symptoms are at the fore. It is just debilatating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.