Flare up help

Posted , 7 users are following.

left side of face, mouth, scalp, neck hurt like hell.

any tips on ways to calm the pain down?

struggling to type

thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are you diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia or Facial Pain? What does your doctor say? Until you can get on some sort of medication/dx, I don't know what to say.... but you could try ice packs or heat packs. Some herbs will also quell the pain. I don't know enough about your situation, and I am new to this, myself.

I also have migraine; it sounds a bit like that to me, but then, I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

I know. It's dreadful. It's so difficult to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I've had the pain in all these areas too. and you think that the attack will never end and that no-one else has ever suffered such pain. You're in good company because all on this site will have had this sort of pain at some time. You will come out of this so do try to ride it out at the moment. After many years of T.N., I've learned to try to look forward to the next remission which, do remember, can come at any time and could last for months.

My best advise is to sit down in a quiet room and try your very best to relax your facial muscles and try to have something to concentrate your mind on - a poem, a prayer or a mantra. Honestly, I know it's not easy but you simply can't give up. Make sure you're on the right medication I'm now prescribed a high dosage of Tegretol which I hate to take but is necessary and it does help.

God Bless you, Gill

• Posted

Have you had a good diagnosis and are you on any of the usual TN drugs?

D

• Posted

Acupuncture really helps me, that and tumeric.

Good luck, just breathe. I know that usually hurts like hell too, but hang in there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.