Flare up with swollen gums

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am in a flare and doctors up the medicine .The problem is my gums are so inflamed any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you're in pain.  I have facial nerve pain around my eye and beyond.  Sometimes the area around my eye feels sore and swollen and applying an ice pack often helps.

• Posted

Hi Carol

I am so sorry for you, the TN and the drugs are bad enough without any thing else.  I also have problems with my gums and my tongue.  I know this sounds really odd but I find the only thing that seems to help is drinking cold milk or having ice cream.  The milk really does help, full fat is the best, I think it is the fat content that seems to really sooth the gums.

Thinking of you.

Sally

• Posted

Thanks Sally will try the milk.

I can't even drink water now without getting a shock .I am so p****d at this thing called TN!

• Posted

My TN ALSO flared up or rather the pain increased when I had to see the dentist recently. My neurologist said next time to increase the Rx dose before the appointment. So, I'm not surprised you have been given similar advice. I hope it gets better soon.

• Posted

I got relief for up to 14 hours with Turmeric (A spice) that comes in a pill form. All natural & no side effects. I took 800 mg in the morning. It didn't work at night for whatever reason.. This is for TN. 

I'm guessing you are having difficulty brushing your teeth. If you swish warm salt water in your mouth

(natural antibiotic) a few times a day it may help. I hope you get some relief from these suggestion.

• Posted

Thanks Vicki will definitely try this so desperate. I get a shock every time something is near my mouth.
  • Posted

Hi Carol

Have you looked into maybe a natural medicine like Turmeric and Bromeline which is a natural antiinflamatory best to speak to the trained person at a health food store for a better recommendation . In order for people to respond to you, you have to tell us more about your condition how long, what the doctor says and what you have tried, and dentist, and how long has it been going on. Did dental work trigger it?

• Posted

Sorry my tablet was slow and i did not see the other post and that you have been answered. Inflamation does well with ice packs to bring swelling down but it depends if your TN reacts to cold. Mine does so ice packs would not work. Depending on the meds your taking for your TN could it be a side effect maybe get your doctor to try another med?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.