Flare ups of LS

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi there all,

Just wondered if anyone can say how long each bout of LS seems to last? As a relative newcomer to this 'Nasty', I can only say that it was months before it was diagnosed and then it seemed to calm down. This time it has gone on for weeks and only seems to be getting worse despite creams, potions and strategies to avoid urine irritation. It has really affected my sleep and I feel like a zombie most of the time. I know it is a condition we are stuck with but there are calmer moments aren't there?

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Welcome, Jan. You're right. This is an exceptionally good forum, maybe because it's the only place most of us can get (a) support, and (b) clarity.
  • Posted

Hi Sue,

I find the only thing that really works for me is the dermovate, which I now mix with my barrier cream, zeroguent. I have tried CMO cream, which feels great but never stays on long enough to have an effect for me. It all goes to show how we are all made differently. I am not disciplined as far as diet is concerned and this is probably my biggest problem, as this just aggravates the condition.

I love the idea of a 6-monthly meeting; please count me in!

Horses

• Posted

Thanks Morrell, yes everybody on here is so open and willing to share their experiences that it makes you feeI much better and not so alone. After all it's not the sort of subject you bring up in day to day conversation is it ?!

I think I was lucky as well Sue, that my LS hasn't resulted in any fusing at all - so far. There are many people so much worse off. I was reluctant to use the Clobaderm for the 2 weeks but I after a lot of thought and reading I decided to carry on until now and try and use alternatives. I too haven't noticed any thinning of the skin. I'm using Propolis at night and coconut oil in the morning. Second day and not an itch :-) !! Yay !

Everyone's different and it's going to be trial and error to get it right I guess.

As for a 6 monthly meet up - yess! I'm up for that - I think we could all be scattered over the world though by all accounts - I think I've seen posts from Canada and Australia ? I'm in Cornwall UK ...

Thanks again Ladies

Jan x

• Posted

I did think distance might be a problem although it is a good excuse for a holiday in Cornwall. Seem to remember you have lovely cream teas there - probably not too good for LS though!
  • Posted

Oh well was a great idea in theory! No cream teas for me if it means I'm itch free :-)

• Posted

hi everyone,

having read soem off your comments its pretty much telling me that sugar and wheat are a no no in the diet ah thats difficult for me!

at the moment i am using dermol which i use as a soap substitute then i have my ointment but would really like a cream i can apply throughout the day especially whilst im sat at work wanting to itch! what is the best cream i can use?

im not sure about the rest of you but my itchy bit is in fact at the top near the clit the rest seems fine.

Thankyou.

• Posted

I have mine all the time and no cream seems to help.  I have had it about 5 years now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.