Flashbacks of past terrible mistakes haunt me and I panic from it?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hey guys

i hope you are well.

i am a 26 year old graduate and recently flashbacks of some terrible mistakes i made haunt me terribly.

the ones in particular include when i was a part time waiter and flirted very inappropriately with female customers leading to me getting fired after several warnings.

when i remember this it makes me worry this will be remembered and held against me in the future as it was very inappropriate. i also accidentally insulted gay people in a joke that was ofcourse reported.

this happened a couple of years ago and ever since i have felt guilty and depressed that if this was found out later i could be in serious trouble? please help and understand me.

thanks very much.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HI adame, try not to worry over past mistakes, every person in the world has made a mistake, yes you have done something that bothers you so try and move on. I believe that we are here for a reason what ever your path is you will find it even if you make mistakes. We learn by our mistakes and we learn of the hardships that effect others.

Now as for your insults say to yourself I'm sorry it won't happen again and try and forgive yourself ,to others it may seem insignificant something not worth writing about but but it's your feelings so move on.

Have you tried meditating on your thoughts, the pain and anguish leaves you, i know I've been meditating for years, I'm old age and have seen terrible things this world has done to each other and i find that meditating brings me peace and hope for the future.

God bless

John

• Posted

Make now count.

Instead of thinking of what you did or didn’t do, the type of person you were or weren’t, do something worthwhile now. Be someone worthwhile now. Take a class. Join a group. Help someone who needs it. Make today so full and meaningful there’s no room to dwell on yesterday.

Release the worry.

Life entails uncertainty, no matter how strong your intention. Obsessing about tomorrow wastes your life because there will always be a tomorrow on the horizon. There are no guarantees about how it will play out.

By letting go of distracting thoughts and emotions throughout the day, we create space for the world to move through us, be a part of us. This letting go allows for a deeper experience of inter-being, our intimate connectedness with everything and everyone.

Over time, connecting & letting go, like breathing, becomes second nature for us. Not seeking far off goals that the modern world considers to be important, we discover that everything we need is already here. We just need to cultivate inner space and connect fully with what is happening right now.

To dwell in the here and now does not mean you never think about the past, or responsibly plan for the future. The idea is simply not to allow your self to get lost in regrets about the past or worries about the future. Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness.

– Thich Nhat Hanh

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.