Flashes and Reflections

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Everyone!

For the last 4 years or more (can't remember exact timing) I have had some weird things going on with my vision. First let me say that I do see my eye doctor as she requests and so far she says my eyes are healthy with just a slight elevated eye pressure.

My first strange thing I had was when I squinted (right eye only) in certain lighting i would see a transparent spot on my lower vision. Funny enough, when I go into daylight that same spot is a white line (same shape and everything) as that transparent spot, and flickers when i make eye movements or when my eyelids move while I walk. It's always the same shape and pattern. Even when I pull my eyelid down I see the reflection of this pattern and goes away when i stop touching my eyelid.

I have spoken to my eye doctor about this and she just shrugs her shoulders and says everything is fine from what she can see.

I am wondering if this is my eyelid causing this or maybe my gel is thinning? Anyone else experience this? It's so strange!

Notes: I have myopia and astigmatism

Thanks for reading!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.