Flashes\White glare whenever I look at something bright

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

For the past two months I've noticed what appears to be a flash or a cloud-like-image that appears whenever I look at something bright. It could be a computer screen or a bright window and is more noticeable in a dim room. The flash\cloud sort of wraps the bright object and lasts less than a second. It also only occurs when I move my left eye from left to right and, in my right eye, when I move it from down to up - same with a quick head movement. I am nearsighted and have a fairly large number in both eye: 7 and 7.5. I am 35 years old.

I've seen two different ophthalmologists in the last few weeks, both of which ruled out PVD or anything to do with the retina. One of them referred me to a neurologist, just to be on the safe side - which I made an appointment for but that will only be in March.

I also noticed I've became a bit more sensitive to light but I'm not sure if this is the cause or the sensitivity is causing this. I am not experiencing migraines.

This has really raised my anxiety levels and I'm really frustrated not knowing what's causing this or how to treat this. Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You did the right thing in seeing an ophthalmologist and getting a second opinion. I can't help you with your issue, but just offer support. I understand waiting so many months to see the neurologist is making you anxious. If your schedule permits, call and let them know you are willing to take an earlier appointment if they have a cancellation. My friend needs to see a neuro-ophthalmologist and was given an appt 6 months out (April). She said she'll take a cancelled appt and they called her a couple weeks later and she got an appt in November. It's a long shot, but worth a try. Since you've seen two doctors, you can rest assured they have ruled out quite a few potential eye problems. I wish you luck with your issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.