Flashing dj lights

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi, 

does it affect anyone else? Went out last night, was fine sat in the pub (not drinking- that was a new experience but hey things have to change!)... But we then went into a pub/club and the flashing lights from the dj was torture.....we had to leave. 

Thanks

jo x

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Joanne, you're so right about people not understanding. Many people think that migraines are just a headache, my mother-in-law only yesterday couldn't understand why I have so many, she thinks it stress but I haven't been stressed continuously for the past 15 years. Interestingly though, my neurologist doesn't believe that migraines are triggered by anything, in his opinion if you're going to get a migraine you'll get one whether you've been stressed, eaten chocolate or cheese, experienced flashing lights, it just coincidence. My latest medication is pizotifen and I've been told if this doesn't work there's nothing else I can try.
    • Posted

Hi kath

Be careful with the pizotifen. Monitor yourself carefully. I have weaned myself off mine recently. I had so many side affects I think I'd rather just have the migraine. Aching limbs, raised blood pressure, sore throat, breathlessness and huge weight gain!

• Posted

Hi Lisa-lou, I have been taking pizotifen since November without any side affects so far. I started off on 2 x 0.5mg, which didn't make any difference to the frequency of migraines ( once a week) but I did find that I could control the pain with just extra strength paracetamol, which is something I've not been able to do for years ( the only pain relief that normally works is sumatriptan). So my gp has increased my dosage to 3 x 0.5mg but that hasn't made any difference either. I am due to see him again next week but I don't feel inclined to increase the dosage. Did you find that it made any difference to your migraines?
    • Posted

0.5 was no improvement but x2 was much better. Although i was still experiencing a weird draining feeling in my head so gp suggested maximum dose which is 1.5. I couldn't bare the other side effects. I started taking them in October 2014. My dose was increased monthly. I hope you find a solution.

• Posted

Yes, I am sensitive to flashing lights and bright artificial lights as well. I bought a pair of glasses with the FL-41 tint and they help. They are very stylish smile and they really reduce the irritation. I am sensitive to over-stimulation so have to watch so I don't go on overload.
  • Posted

LED and DJ lighting is reduce the exposure of UV rays and DJ lights having minimum level of UV radiation,LED lightings have no UV radiations.These lighting safe our skin from sunlight. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.