Flashing lights

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone ever experienced flashing lights zig zagging...worried about stroke.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Betty,  I think what you have had is a migraine not a stroke,  I have AF but I have also had migraines,  hard to explain but what you said about flashing lights and I remember the wallpaper zig zagging when I was sitting trying to look normal when I had visitors.  It is really scary first time but when it happens just sit down and try closing your eyes and relaxing you will probably still see lights but just try and relax.  Hope this helps.  Moira.
  • Posted

Hi Betty, I have had zig zag flashing lights, can be worse it its a very bright day, I find I need to wear sun glasses a lot more even in winter.
  • Posted

The zig zag lights sound like a symptom of a type of migraine, Betty. I've had this experience regularly since I was a teenager but it was more frequent during my history of AF. I always told the cardiac consultant about this and was recently given an MRI scan which confirmed migraine as the cause.
  • Posted

Definitely sounds like a migraine, the flashing lights and zig zags are definite symptoms of migraine. Gloria 
  • Posted

Thanks everyone..felt scared. I had no headache although had migranes in the past. I had been in a dark room for a couple of hours watching a play but never happened before to me . Just had eyes checked. Maybe AF cobtributed to it. Maybe second time. I will check it out if it happens again. Thanks all..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.