Flashing Lights in Vision

Posted , 3 users are following.

It started with dizziness and really bad vertigo and a strange sensation in my right ear. Then a month later I started having chest pain and I was told acid reflux and costochrontitis then I was told musculoskeletal. I started having the flashing lights after my anxiety went through the roof. I've had then every day for the past several weeks. I see flashing lights and other floaters sometimes. My optometrist didn't see anything and the neurologist said it's an eye thing and I shouldn't be concerned but I am. I have horrible anxiety due to all of these symptoms. I have an MRI scheduled next week. I have pressure in the right side of my head and my neck and clavicles hurt now too. I want to feel better. I was given sumatriptan but haven't taken it. Anyone else have these symptoms?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What seems to be the connection with migraine? I had similar symptoms mostly migraines usually from cataracts causing the light to reflect like prisms magnifying the light causing eye restriction with blood vessels. Since had cataract surgery migraines have lifted. 

I learned my migraines triggers , light , food meds . Also muscular and bone on bone arthritis was a contribution factor. After THR in both hips helped . 

Meds for migrains didnot help. I learned othe methods to use. Mindfulness is a big help and less stress. 

• Posted

I also have migraines so I'm not sure if there is a connection. I am nearsighted and I've never dealt with this type of issue before. I was told it could be the vitreous gel, some neurological thing which the neurologist says it's definitely an eye thing. I'm just keeping an eye on it to see if I have any changes to my vision. I pray a lot too. I should look into the mindfulness things I have heard a lot about them.

• Posted

Keep a journal of pain and learn what some of the triggers that start the pain . Also mindfulness has proven to help with so many health problems. Has helped a lot in my health issues. Do a search on line and there are many good books nand you tube instructions on mindfulness. There are many large corporations and civil service jobs that use mindfulness help train employees experience better knowledge of self awareness feel sympathy and eliminate stress. 
  • Posted

I have all the same symptoms. In the same order. Now these bad headaches. Anxiety is getting bad again because im so worried about these headaches. Did the dizziness subside? Have you had any blood test done?
    • Posted

The dizziness and the ear pressure has went away. I get head pressure sometimes but not nearly as bad. I had my MRi Friday and I haven't gotten the results yet. I still have some chest, clavicle, and neck pain. I have had blood tests but I'm not sure they checked for deficiencies. My doctor referred me to an opthalmologist and I have that apt in a couple of days.

• Posted

Yesterday and today I haven't noticed ant eye flashing. The light at my house is very dim and I am going to work in a few minutes I guess that will be the real test. In not sure if my eyes or brain have just gotten used to it so I'm not seeing it or what.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.